In the mold factory, the CNC machining center is mainly used for the processing of key mold parts such as mold cores, inserts, and copper males. The quality of mold cores and inserts directly determines the quality of the molded part of the mold. The quality of copper machining directly restricts the influence of EDM processing.
CNC machining process
- 1) Read the drawings and procedures list
- 2) Transfer the corresponding program to the machine tool
- 3) Check the program header, cutting parameters, etc.
- 4) Determining the size and margin of the working procedure on the workpiece
- 5) Reasonable clamping of the workpiece
- 6) Accurate alignment of the workpiece
- 8) Selection of reasonable cutting tools and cutting parameters
- 9) Reasonable clamping of tools
- 10) Safe trial cutting method
- 11) Observation of processing
- 12) Adjustment of cutting parameters
- 13) Problems in the processing process and timely feedback from the corresponding personnel
Precautions before processing
- 1) For the new mold, the processing drawing must meet the requirements and the data must be clear; the processing drawing of the new mold must have the signature of the supervisor, and the columns of the processing drawing have been filled in.
- 2) The workpiece has the qualified mark of the quality department.
- 3) After receiving the program sheet, check whether the reference position of the workpiece is consistent with the reference position of the drawing.
- 4) Read each requirement on the procedure sheet clearly, and confirm whether the procedure is consistent with the requirements of the drawing. If there is any problem, you must solve the problem together with the programmer and production team.
If you find that the tool application is unreasonable, you should immediately notify the programmer to make corresponding changes in order to improve the processing efficiency and workpiece processing accuracy.
Precautions for clamping the workpiece
- 1) When clamping the workpiece, pay attention to the position of the code and the proper extension length of the nut and bolt on the pressure plate. In addition, the screw must not be top or bottom when the angle is locked.
- 2) Tong Gong is generally used for locking plate processing. Before using the machine, check the opening number on the program sheet to ensure that it matches. At the same time, check whether the receiving plate screw is tightened.
- 3) For the case of receiving multiple national metal copper materials on one board, check whether the direction is correct and whether each copper material interferes during processing.
- 4) To clamp the workpiece according to the figure shape of the program sheet and the data of the workpiece size, you must pay attention: the writing method of the workpiece size data is XxYxZ, add WeChat: Yuki7557 and send a copy of the macro program tutorial. At the same time, if there is a part drawing, you must Check whether the graphics of the program sheet are consistent with the graphics of the part drawing.
- 5) When clamping the workpiece, it is necessary to check whether the size of the workpiece meets the size requirements of the program sheet. If there is a part drawing, check whether the size of the program sheet is the same as the size of the part drawing.
- 6) Clean the workbench and the bottom of the workpiece before loading the workpiece. Use oilstone to push off the burrs and damaged positions on the machine table and workpiece surface.
- 7) When coding the coding, make sure that the coding is not hurt by the knife, and communicate with the programmer if necessary. At the same time, if the bottom of the pad is square, the code must be aligned with the position of the square to achieve the purpose of force balance.
- 8) When using a vise to clamp, you must know the cutting depth of the tool to prevent the clamped position from being too long or too short.
- 9) The screw must be placed in the T-block, and not only a part of the thread. If you need to connect the screw, the upper and lower screws must use half of the joint thread. The thread of the nut on the pressure plate must be fully used, and no only a few threads are allowed. Thread.
- 10) When setting the Z depth number, you must see the position of the program single touch number and the data of the highest point of Z. After entering the data into the machine tool, you must check it again.
Precautions for clamping tools
- 1) The tool must be clamped firmly and not too short in the handle.
- 2) Check whether the tool meets the requirements each time before lifting the tool. The length of the tool should be determined according to the machining depth indicated by the program sheet. Generally, it should be slightly longer than the machining depth value of 2mm and whether the tool holder collides.
- 3) When the processing depth is very deep, you can communicate with the programmer, and use the method of two cable cutters as appropriate, that is, first obtain half to 2/3 of the length, and then obtain a longer length when the processing reaches a deeper position. This can improve processing efficiency.
- 4) When using an extended cable nozzle, you should especially know the depth of the knife and the length of the required knife.
- 5) Before the cutter head is installed on the machine, the taper matching position should be wiped clean with a cleaning cloth. The corresponding position of the machine tool sleeve is also cleaned to avoid iron filings on the mating surface to affect the accuracy and damage the machine tool.
- 6) Generally, the tool tip setting method is used for the tool length (in special cases, the tool setting is used in the tool setting), and the program instructions should be carefully checked when setting the tool.
- 7) When the program is interrupted or the tool must be re-calibrated again, pay attention to whether the depth can be connected to the front. Generally, the height can be adjusted by 0.1mm first, and then adjusted according to the situation.
Precautions for correcting and aligning the workpiece
- 1) When the workpiece is dragging the table, you must pay attention to the verticality, drag one side to level, and then drag the vertical side.
- 2) When the workpiece is scored, it must be scored twice for verification.
- 3) After scoring and hitting the number, you should check the center position according to the outline size and the size on the part drawing provided in the program sheet.
- 4) All workpieces must be centered by the centering method, and the zero position must be centered by the centering method on the side of the workpiece and then moved to the side. It is necessary to ensure that the margins on both sides are the same. Add WeChat: Yuki7557 will send a copy of the macro program tutorial. If unilateral access is required in special circumstances, it must be confirmed by the production team before it can be passed. After taking the count on one side, remember to compensate the radius of the center bar.
- 5) The zero input of the workpiece center must be the same as the three-axis center of the workstation computer diagram.
Matters needing attention during processing
1) When the margin on the top surface of the workpiece is too large, when using a large knife to manually remove the margin, remember not to deepen the gong.
2) The most important processing is the first tool, because if you operate and check carefully, you can know whether the tool length compensation, tool radius compensation, program, speed, etc. are wrong, so as to avoid damage to the workpiece, tool and machine tool.
3) Trial cut the program in the following way:
- a) The height of the first point is the highest elevation of 100mm, use your eyes to feel whether it is correct;
- b) Control “quick traverse” to 25% and feed to 0%;
- c) When the tool approaches (about 10mm) the machined surface, stop the machine;
- d) Check whether the remaining stroke and program are correct;
- e) After turning on again, place one hand on the pause switch, ready to stop at any time, and control the feed speed with the other hand;
4) After entering the program name, copy back the program name on the screen with a pen, and then check it with the program list. When opening the program, pay attention to check whether the tool diameter in the program is consistent with the program list, and sign on the program list by the processor Fill in the file name and tool diameter in the field immediately.
5) In principle, NC technicians are not allowed to leave when the workpiece is roughing. If you have to leave when changing tools or assisting in adjusting other machine tools, please ask other NC team members or come back regularly for inspection.
6) When doing middle light, the NC technician should pay special attention to the places that were not opened during roughing to prevent the tool from hitting this area.
7) Cut the program. If the program is interrupted during processing and too much time is wasted when it is executed from the beginning, the team leader and the programmer should be notified to modify the program and cut off the part that has been executed.
8) The program is abnormal. If there is an abnormal situation in the program and you are not sure, you can hang it high to observe the process, and then decide the next action.
9) The NC technician can adjust the travel speed and rotation speed provided by the programmer during the machining process according to the situation. However, special attention should be paid to small pieces of copper that cannot be driven fast when exposed to thick, to avoid loosening of the workpiece due to vibration.
10) During the processing of the workpiece, the NC technician should check with the parts drawing to see if there is any abnormality. Once the two are found to be inconsistent, they must immediately stop the machine and notify the team leader to check whether there is an error.
11) When machining with a tool longer than 200mm, attention must be paid to issues such as allowance, feed depth, speed, and travel speed to avoid tool swinging. At the same time, the travel speed of the corner position should be controlled.
12) If the tool diameter is required to be tested on the program sheet, the operator must be responsible and record the tested diameter at the same time. If the diameter exceeds the tolerance range, it should be reported to the team leader or change the tool immediately.
13) When the machine tool is in automatic operation or free, the operator should go to the workstation to learn about the remaining processing programming, prepare and grind the appropriate tool for the next processing, so as to avoid downtime.
Matters needing attention after processing
- 1) Confirm that every procedure and every instruction required by the procedure sheet has been completed.
- 2) After the processing is completed, it is necessary to check whether the shape of the workpiece meets the requirements, and at the same time, perform a self-inspection of the size of the workpiece according to the part drawing or process drawing, and find errors in time.
- 3) Check whether there are any abnormalities in each position of the workpiece. If you have any questions, you need to notify the NC team leader.
- 4) The team leader, programmer, and production team leader must be notified of larger workpieces to get off the machine.
Differentiate treatment of machining accuracy requirements
Finished surface quality:
- 1) Mold core and insert
- 2) Tong Gong
- 3) Avoid vacancies in thimble plate support holes, etc.
- 1) The measurable size must strictly implement self-inspection after processing
- 2) When processing for a long time, the wear of the tool should be considered, especially the sealing position, etc.
- 3) For fine finishing, new carbide tools should be used as much as possible
- 4) Determine the modulus saving after finishing according to the processing requirements
- 1) Confirm the operating conditions of the shift, including processing conditions, mold conditions, etc.
- 2) Confirm whether the equipment is working properly during the shift.
- 3) Other handover and confirmation, including drawings, program sheets, tools, measuring tools, fixtures, etc.
- 1) Execute in accordance with 5S requirements.
- 2) Cutting tools, measuring tools, fixtures, workpieces, tools, etc. are arranged neatly.
- 3) Cleaning of the machine tool.
- 4) Clean the floor of the workplace.
Please keep the source and address of this article for reprinting：The CNC machining center is mainly used for the processing of key mold parts such as mold cores, inserts, and copper males.
Reprint Statement: If there are no special instructions, all articles on this site are original. Please indicate the source for reprinting.：Cnc Machine Wiki，Thanks！^^