Extrusion is a highly efficient and compact forming process in metal pressure processing. Extrusion is the use of the press-in action of the punch to cause the metal to produce directional plastic deformation, flow out of the die hole or into a certain groove, so as to obtain a forging of a certain shape. The essence of extrusion is a special form of closed die forging, except that closed die forging means that the metal fills the groove at the end, while the extrusion means that the metal extruding end is in a free state.
Classification according to deformation characteristics
- 1. Positive extrusion; metal flows along the direction of movement of the punch during extrusion. It is used to manufacture rods with heads or special-shaped rod parts, as well as hollow parts with flanges.
- 2. Reverse extrusion; the metal flows in the direction opposite to the movement of the punch during extrusion. It is mainly used to manufacture various round or special-shaped hollow parts.
- 3. The composite extruded metal flows along the forward and reverse directions of the punch movement at the same time, which can squeeze forgings with more complex shapes.
Classification according to whether the billet is heated during extrusion and the heating temperature
- 1, hot extrusion; is the extrusion by heating the billet to a temperature above the recrystallization temperature.
- 2, cold extrusion; refers to extrusion performed below the recrystallization temperature.
- 3. Warm extrusion (or semi-hot extrusion): An extrusion method between hot extrusion and cold extrusion.
Please keep the source and address of this article for reprinting：Extrusion process and characteristics of cold extrusion hydraulic press
Reprint Statement: If there are no special instructions, all articles on this site are original. Please indicate the source for reprinting.：Cnc Machine Wiki，Thanks！^^